You’ve heard of Nutella, right? Nutella is usually described as a hazelnut chocolate spread. But, in reality, it comprises of just 13% hazelnuts, the rest being refined white sugar, palm oil, milk powder, and cacao powder. Nutella is not a nut butter. It is a sweet palm oil spread perfumed with a small amount of hazelnut and cacao.
Nut butters are the opposite: they are primarily grounded nut paste, usually on its own, sometimes enhanced with real chocolate or other ingredients.
Praline Chocolate, our hazelnut chocolate nut butter, comprises of just two organic ingredients–80% hazelnuts and 20% dark chocolate. That’s 6x more hazelnuts and 4x less sugar than Nutella.
Some nut butters are cleaner than others. Organic natural nut butters, such as BUDDY BUDDY’s, are nut butters made exclusively with organic ingredients and are exempt from added oil (usually palm) and refined sugar. They are packed with protein, good fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They are also naturally low in carbs and sugar.
A spoonful of our organic almond butter is equivalent to eating 15 almonds and contains 3,5g of protein, 2g of fiber, 7g of healthy fats, 43mg of magnesium, 43mg of calcium, 117mg of potassium, 4mg of vitamin E, for just 0,7g of the almond’s naturally occurring sugar!
BUDDY BUDDY’s range of nut butters comprises of 3 peanut-based butters, 3 hazelnut-based butters, and 2 almond-based butters.
Our nut butters differ from other nut butters in several ways:
• The production is entirely hand-made in our own atelier in Brussels, all the way from roasting the nuts to labelling the jars. Nuts are turned into nut butter immediately after roasting, ensuring the highest quality and freshness in every jar. Most competitors outsource their production to industrial subcontractors, which is the easiest choice but gives them no control over quality and consistency.
• We use only the finest organic ingredients, such as French almonds and hazelnuts, which are known for their exceptional flavor and geographical proximity. They also meet the strictest standards in terms of organic production and certification. Most competitors use the cheapest available nuts without any regard to quality, ecological footprint, and transparency.
• We are completely committed to uncompromising transparency and quality, using only the finest, simplest, purest ingredients with no refined sugars or nasty preservatives. Growing enables us to constantly improve on all fronts, meaning not only regarding quality but also our processes and overall footprint and sustainability. We don’t claim to be perfect but know that we can always do better and should never stop trying.
Nut butters are versatile and can be used in a variety of ways:
• As a spread on bread, it’s a great low-sugar alternative to jams.
• As an addition to drinks such as smoothies, lattes, and hot chocolates.
• As an addition to sweet foods such as granolas, yogurt bowls, fruits, and vegetables.
• As an addition to savoury foods such as sauces, dressings, and hummuses.
• As an ingredient in baking, pastries, and ice creams, etc.
• Or simply – and that’s what we recommend the most – on its own by the spoon!
At our cafés, we use nut butters in a lot of different ways: peanut butter in our peanut butter latte, praline chocolate in our hot chocolate, almond butter as a filling for our cinnamon rolls, etc.
We invite you to try our premium, organic, and natural nut butters. There's something for every buddy.